Depression can affect anyone. The more that we research and understand our brain, the more we realise how deeply connected our body is to our emotions. Every individual’s depression is different and so understanding your emotions will also depend on each individual.
The first step to diagnosing yourself with depression would be to accept that you are not feeling okay. Most psychologists agree that depression is far more than feeling ‘sad’. There are various stages to the emotional disorder and each stage has unique symptoms. However, it is entirely possible that you do not undergo the same symptoms as someone else.
The best and easiest solution to understand whether you are depressed would be to take depression counselling. This allows a trained practitioner to help you navigate your thoughts in a safe space. Based on some general perceptions, a counsellor would diagnose your depression and suggest the best remedies suited for you.
Depression may affect your daily life without displaying symptoms for prolonged periods. One of the first signs would be a long-term sadness and reduced interest in pleasurable activities. The more you put your emotions under observation, the more likely you are to understand what may be the causes.
However, below are some ideas to help you examine your emotions before you decide to take depression counselling or depression treatment :
- Connect with nature – with nature, there is never any fear of judgement and so we find our emotions opening-up automatically. Nature also allows each of us to communicate our emotions more freely and that itself helps in a better understanding of our emotions.
- Express your emotions – whether you prefer art therapy or prefer talking about what is going on through your mind – expressing your feelings will allow you to gain a deeper knowledge of yourself and the root of your feelings.
- Meditate – when you meditate, not only do you relax your body but you also understand your mind. Meditation has been proven as one of the best therapies to tackle depression and reduce the feeling of anxiety.
- Physical Exercise – focusing on your body allows your mind to relax rather than creating more complicated emotions. With your energy going towards your body, your mind becomes quiet and listens to your emotions. The saying, ‘exercising clears the mind’ has a lot of weight.
- Combinative depression counselling – very often we may find ourselves lacking the skills to understand our emotions. In such cases, meeting a counsellor or seeking depression treatment, which helps us to understand our emotions, will combine treatments, such as hypnosis, physical exercises, Access Consciousness or even past-life regression.
The purpose of most depression treatments is to find the root of your emotions and then start the healing process. Self-love becomes easier when we are aware of and accept what we are going through.
At Philosophy Holistic we believe that all of our solutions can be found by understanding our emotions and the roots of each emotion. Our founder, Deepika Gala is a trained depression counsellor who uses her decade-long experience and knowledge to give you the most ideal solution. Irrespective of the kind of depression you may have, it is the most fruitful solution to opt for depression counselling and find out the appropriate treatment for you. At Philosophy Holistic you will discover that the power of your depression treatment is within you and is customised for you.